- Fresh strawberries
- Vanilla frosting (in a can or homemade)
- Black icing gel
- Rinse the strawberries and cut off the leaves (discard)
- Cut the pointed end off of each strawberry. Place the newly cut edge down on a clean napkin. The napkin will absorb the fresh strawberry juice, which is what you want.
- The “body” of Santa needs to be quickly dabbed on a fresh paper towel as well. The extra juice will cause the frosting to slide. By letting the paper towel absorb the fresh strawberry juice, the frosting will stay in place better.
- Put vanilla frosting in a piping bag (or in a zip lock bag and cut the corner off).
- Gently swirl some vanilla frosting on the top of the body.
- Place the “Santa hat” (or the strawberry tip) on top of the frosting.
- Add a dab of frosting on top of his hat.
- Next carefully add two eyes with black icing.