- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup green peas, not chopped, fresh or frozen
- 1 can diced tomatoes (you can use fresh: 2 fresh tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (you can use dried: 2-4 teaspoons. Whatever looks right)
- Better than Bullion, Bullion Cubes, or 3/4 chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Boil potatoes until tender. Mashed together with skim milk, butter, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown ground beef. Continue cooking meat with onions until they are translucent. Add bell pepper, carrots, peas, tomato, parsley, Better than Bullion, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Spoon your meat into an ungreased baking pan. Spread the mashed potatoes over the surface. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until browned.
- To make this recipe corn free, do not add the Worcestershire sauce.