Source: The Wichita Eagle 1994
- 5 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches (about 1 2/3 lbs)
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (it says optional, but I don’t think cinnamon should be optional!)
- 1 2/3 cup *reduce fat variety bisquick*
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup of milk
- In a big pot, combine peaches, brown sugar, water and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook, covered, 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your Homemade Biscuick. Using two knives, work the butter into the flour along with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Add the milk. Dough will be stiff.
- In big tablespoons, drop dough into the peaches. Cook until the dumplings are cooked throughout about 15 minutes.
- This is one of our favorite peach recipes. We have had it over 20 years now!
- We eat the peaches skin and all. We cut the peach of the pit, not in slices (although it can be done that way) in smallish chunks. However, if you don’t like the skin, you can immerse the peaches in rapidly boiling water for less than a minute, then immediately run cold water over the peaches. You should be able to peel away the skins.