- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound lean boneless pork loin cut into strips
- 2/3 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 bag sugar snap peas (or green beans), halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring frequently until the mixture is softened. Add the rice, stirring to coat. Add the broth and 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the pork, cabbage, bell pepper, and sugar snap peas. Cover and cook, stirring frequently until the cabbage and peppers are tender and the pork is cooked.
- Stir in the peas, soy sauce, and vinegar.