- 2 1/2 pound pork shoulder
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 oranges, halved
- salt and pepper
- Put the pork shoulder in a slowcooker and season both halves with the spices liberally. Kind of massage the spices into the meat.
- Squeeze the oranges on top of the meat, keeping the orange halves in the slowcooker. Place the jalapeño on top of the pork shoulder.
- Slowcook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. (The meat is more tender when cooked on low.)
- Once the meat is fully cooked, shread, but leave in big pieces. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meat and vegetables (minus the oranges) until one side of the meat is crusty.
- Serve with rice, in burritoes, or any other way you so desire.