Sent in by: Annalisa Gugler (Arizona)
- 1 cup almond flour blanched, super fine
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup pure
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ t. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, flax egg, and vanilla extract. Mix with a handheld or stand mixer on medium speed for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place 1 ½ tablespoons-sized balls of cookie dough 2 inches apart. Press balls of dough down until the dough is about ¾ inch thick. (Cookies will not spread too much, so this step will help you make the shape of the finished cookies you want!)
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are done.
- Let cookies sit at room temperature until completely cooled before serving.