- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound fresh fettuccine
- Place ricotta, olive oil, herbs, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a food processor and blend until pureed and herbs are finely chopped. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Scoop sauce into a large serving bowl.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook fresh pasta about 3 minutes (or according to package instructions) until al dente. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup starchy pasta water for thinning the sauce.
- Add pasta to the serving bowl with the ricotta sauce. Toss to combine, adding a little bit of starchy pasta water to thin to desired consistency. Serve immediately.