- 1lb ground Italian sausage
- 1lb penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5oz baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Cook the penne pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the Italian sausage along with the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Drain excess fat from the skillet if necessary and return the meat mixture to the pan.
- Turn the heat to low and add the cream to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and add in the spinach.
- Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until melted. Stir the pasta into the sauce.
- Serve immediately.