- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf sliced French bread
- In a large bowl, combine basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. "Paint" the bread with olive oil and toast in the oven on broiler until lightly browned.
- Once bread is toasted, top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.