- 1 3⁄4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 8 tbsp (one stick) butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 c buttermilk
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Wisk the wet ingredients in a seperate, smaller bowl.
- Form a little well in the centre of the dry ingredients, then pour the wet ingredients into the centre of the ditch.
- Gently stir until just combined. Do NoT sTiR tOo MuCh! The batter should look a little pebbly, and be very fluffy/bubbly.
- Spoon the batter onto your griddle and spread to the edges. Cook until golden brown.
- You can keep them warm in the oven (at 200 F) while cooking the rest.
- You can add anything yummy that you want in step four. Such as, but not limited to, raisins, blueberries, nuts, bacon, cheese, coconut, or chocolate chips!
- These freeze very well and make a convenient meal to have in store.
- If you want to keep your waffles warm in the oven, do not stack them. That will make them soggy, which is just horrible.