- 4-10 slices of bacon
- 1/2 diced celery
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1/3 cup flour (or to be gluten-free, Tapioca flour works too)
- 3 cups chicken broth/stock
- 2 cups half and half
- 8-10 large baking potatoes, baked, peeled, and diced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Put your potatoes in the oven. When the potatoes are done, peel the skins off and put in the chicken broth.
- Cook bacon until crisp but keep all the bacon drippings in the pan. Sauté the onion and celery in the bacon grease until vegetables are tender. Stir in the green onion and flour until blended. Add the half and half slowly or the mixture will clump.
- Place the onion mixture in the chicken broth and add the sour cream, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Once everything is in the pot, take out 3/4 of the potatoes and blend in your food processor or Vitamix until the soup is thick. However, leave enough potatoes in the soup for small chunks.
- Once soup is done, serve with bacon.